Permian Basin Area Foundation makes grants to qualified nonprofit organizations serving the Permian Basin and TransPecos regions through which a broad range of philanthropic purposes are supported in the following areas:
Education & Youth Services
Health & Social Services
Housing & Community Development
Arts & Culture
Grant awards are determined through a semi-annual competitive application and review process facilitated by the Foundation’s Grants Committee and staff. Application deadlines are April 1 for the spring cycle or October 1 for the fall cycle. Committee recommendations must be approved by the Foundation’s Board of Governors.
The Foundation generally awards grants with priority given to those applicants that:
- Demonstrate potentially significant and long-term impact achieved by funding their project.
- Communicate a clear plan for timely implementation.
- Promote volunteer participation and citizen involvement.
- Address relevant issues and legitimate problems affecting the community.
- Demonstrate that the project cannot be accomplished without external funding.
- Exhibit effective and resourceful fundraising practices, such as matching grants and contributions from other donors, benefiting both the organization and the community.
- Complies with Accountability Indicators for Nonprofit Organizations as prescribed by the Nonprofit Management Center of the Permian Basin.
Before submitting a Pre-Application Summary Form, first-time applicants or repeat applicants with a change in key executive leadership or development staff are required to contact the Foundation no later than 30 days prior to the deadline to schedule a preliminary interview.
For more information please contact Meagan Harris, Grants Administrator, at email@example.com.