Marie Hall, a native of Big Spring, created the Marie Hall Scholarship for the benefit of West Texas residents who attend selected area colleges.
Candidates must have either: (1) graduated from a high school located in one of the following counties, or (2) maintained a permanent residence for the immediate past five years in one of the following counties: Andrews, Borden, Cochran, Coke, Crane, Dawson, Ector, Gaines, Garza, Glasscock, Hockley, Howard, Kent, Loving, Lynn, Martin, Midland, Mitchell, Pecos, Reagan, Reeves, Scurry, Sterling, Upton, Ward, Winkler or Yoakum. Selected recipients must attend as a full-time student one of the following schools:
– Angelo State University, San Angelo
– Howard College, Big Spring
– Midland College, Midland
– Odessa College, Odessa
– Sul Ross University, Alpine
– Texas Tech University, Lubbock
– Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Midland, Odessa or Lubbock
– University of Texas of the Permian Basin, Odessa
Awards are dependent on need and circumstances.